We say amore to Italian food
The food of Italy resonates with Kiwis, perhaps partly due to the abundance of good local produce we are lucky enough to have available to us – the centre of many great Italian dishes. In this issue Food Editor Claire Aldous adds an Italian flavour to recipes: pizza and pasta are always firm favourites – simple to prepare and perfect for feeding a crowd; for something a little special take a look at our three menus – there’s something to suit every occasion; we have ideas for plentiful seasonal produce and delicious treats for a sweet touch for the end of a meal – or a perfect afternoon tea. Buon appetite.
- We visit Gaetano Spinosa’s restaurant O’Sarracino, specialising in the regional food of Napoli
- Behind the scenes at Il Casaro where Massimilano De Caro makes Italian cheeses
- We meet Angela and Anthony Tringham of Curious Croppers who grow fascinating varieties of tomatoes
- A step-by-step guide to making ricotta at home
- No longer relegated to the back of the fridge chardonnay is making a comeback. The Dish Tasting Panel puts this complex varietal to the test.
April–May issue on sale Monday 25 March (NZ) and mid April (AUS).
Subscribe and be in to win!
Subscribe to Dish before May 24 and be in to win one of 60 Karajoz Coffee packs, valued at more than $60 each.