The Baker’s Companion is a beautiful baking cookbook, full of recipes and the accumulated know-how of Allyson Gofton. There are more than 100 recipes for baked goods, bread and desserts, with how-tos, hints and tips throughout. This is a book to be kept and treasured.
Want to know why your cakes are always too heavy or why the bottom burns? Is it possible to melt butter to save time, when creaming it with sugar? When it all goes wrong, what can you do? What can you bake for a friend who can't eat gluten? Find all these answers and more in this book.
We've teamed up with Pengiun Random House to give you the chance to win one of five copies.
Terms and conditions:
- Competition is not open to family or friends of ICG media and Penguin Random House NZ.
- Only one entry is permitted per person.
- Entries are open to New Zealand residents only. Entrants must be 18 years or older.
- Competition prize is for: 1x copy of The Baker’s Companion only. There are five prizes to be won.
- There is no cash alternative and the prize will not be transferable. Prizes must be taken as stated and cannot be deferred.
- Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, the Promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter may share the winner’s details with the prize provider.
- The closing date for entries is 4.59pm on Thursday 4 April 2019.
- Winner(s) will be chosen at random.
- Promoter details: Penguin Random House NZ