Now in its fourth year, the festival is bigger and better than ever. According to Nourish Group executive chef, and dish columnist, Gareth Stewart "Last year diners at our restaurants consumed a whopping 62,000 of the beloved delicacy, so our team will be working hard behind the scenes to ensure we can meet the challenge of Auckland’s appetite for oysters again.”
Running for the month of March, the festival celebrates all things oyster – Bluff, Te Kouma, Te Matuku and many other varieties. Special events have been orgnaised in honour of the succulent oyster, including food and drink deals at Euro, The Culpeper, Coley & Punch and The Crab Shack.
The 2019 Festival events line-up includes:
The First Haul: All You Can Eat Bluff Oysters
Tuck into new-season Bluffies at Euro’s all-you-can-eat extravaganza. Oysters will be served natural, kilpatrick and tempura, and will be followed by a two-course set menu. But that's not all, guests will also receive a complimentary glass of champagne. Tuesday 5th March, 12pm-3pm, $195pp.
The Great Bluff Lunch
Enjoy a long midweek lunch at Euro. You’ll be treated to five delicious set-courses, including oysters and free-flowing champagne. What more could you want? Wednesday 20th March, 12pm-3pm, $250pp.
Seafood Boil Up
Have yourself a boil up, some Bluffies and a boogie at this event at the Crab Shack. Saturday 9th March, 12-3pm.
Oysters & Whiskey Masterclass
Learn all there is to know about this delicacy at this two-hour oyster and whiskey tasting Masterclass. Oysters and whiskey – need we say more? Tuesday 26 March, 6.30pm. $120pp.
Oyster and Music Festival
Celebrate one of the last days of the festival with oysters and music. Groove to tunes spun by DJ Phoebe and DJ Alice Rose, at The Culpeper, while you tuck into some of the 200 dozen delicious, FREE oysters on offer. Looking for a challenge? Try your hand at shucking in the Oyster Shucking Competition. Saturday 30th March from 12pm.
Please note: Bookings are essential for these special events.
There will also be a range of promotions available during the Princes Wharf Oyster Festival, including:
- Euro calls your Bluff: Diners can enjoy a dozen oysters for $29.95 at Euro. Available 12pm-3pm, throughout March.
- Whisky and Oyster Flight: The ultimate pairing of whisky and oysters on the regular, Coley and Punch are offering three oysters, prepared three ways, paired with three whiskies for $60. Or try one of their famous cocktail and oyster matches for $25. Available every day during March.
- Rosé of the Day: Grab half a dozen oysters and a glass of rosé for $25 at Euro, Coley & Punch and The Culpeper. Available every day during March.
- $2 Oysters at The Culpeper: Every day from 4-7pm throughout March.
- Bluff Oysters and Champagne: Enjoy a dozen Bluff oysters with two glasses of Champagne for $80, or make it a bottle for just $140, at Coley and Punch, Euro or The Culpeper. Available every day during March.
- Beer & Oysters at The Culpeper: A glass of Emersons and half a dozen oysters for just $25.
For bookings and further details, visit oysterfestival.co.nz.