The nation's top restaurants and chefs for 2015 were revealed this week at a long lunch held at the prestigious Kelliher Estate on Puketutu Island, following months of assessment by culinary trained experts.
163 restaurants across the country received the prestigious Beef + Lamb Excellence Award - a gold plate that guarantees you will be served a fantastic beef or lamb meal, thanks to thorough judging and strict awarding criteria.
From these 163 restaurants, 5 Ambassador Chefs have been selected from establishments that performed particularly highly. 2015's chefs are:
- Reon Hobson from Pescatore at The George Hotel, Christchurch
- Brad King from Bistro at The Falls Retreat, Bay of Plenty
- Ken O'Connell from Bracken Restaurant, Dunedin
- Marc Soper from Wharekauhau Estate, Wairarapa
- Ryan Tattersall from Cobra Restaurant, Wellington
Look out for chances to catch the chefs at Beef + Lamb New Zealand events throughout the year, in addition to the Ambassador Series Dinners, which take place at each chef's restaurants to showcase their flair for beef and lamb cuisine.
For the full directory of Beef + Lamb Excellence Awarded restaurants click here.